So, I've taken the leap and started my first design today! Here you can see Ashok (left) translating to Chand what we will be doing with this piece.


Above you can see the original drawing of my design, in an attempt to try and move away from the traditional and literal translation of the design I abstracted the original image but Ashok knew immediately that it was a rose!


I've approached this first piece almost like a sampler, the amount of different pieces of incredible embroidery we have to reference here is so overwhelming but as I am focusing on just thread work I've asked Ashok and Chand to show me lots of different stitches, both long and short needle.


The above photograph is where you can begin to see the way this is turning into into a more traditional rose. Ashok and Chand have treated the top section literally as leaves adding a dark green detail stitch over it.


This is how I have left it at the end of the day, can't wait to see how it's progressed by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment