Fresh off the plane with time for a quick breakfast and a shower we were straight into it. Jumping into cars we were taken to Old Delhi on a sourcing expedition which was both confronting and overwhelming, fortunately we had Swarthi to guide us to the best suppliers in the area.

Starting with braids and trims, then the biggest bead and sequin store which had an incredible colour selection as well as a few other stops along the way. Being so jet lagged and completely overwhelmed I was quite restrained in my purchases and am already regretting not getting more. Fingers crossed we will have the time to visit again on our last day in India so that I can fill any gaps in my suitcase.

Sadly I managed to lose my bag of trims/braids somewhere along the day, I keep secretly hoping they will show up but I think they're lost for good.


We enjoyed a really delicious Southern Indian lunch at a cafe that was the recommendation of Swarthi, a really lovely way to start the trip. I was really beginning to hit a wall at this point so it was a nice way to  prepare for the afternoon ahead.

We visited a local designer, Rajat Jaine in his studio where we were able to see some really exciting approaches to traditional embroidery within his work. Then it was more fabric sourcing at Nahru Place - we really only hit the one store but it was three levels of beautiful fabrics, again too much to choose from but I'm hoping to get back there before we fly out too!

Home for a quiet night and a decent sleep.

Ok, end of day one, lets see if I can't get you up to date over the next day or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment